Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Blog With No Title

   To be honest, I do not have a clue where this post might be headed. I have a couple of pictures that have been running through my mind and feel there is a message in there somewhere.

   First the background: I wrote some days back about our Thanksgiving trip over to the western part of the state and the visit to Talbotton. I mentioned the Zion Episcopal Church, founded in 1848, still there and maintained by local folks and some from churches in the diocese.

   Here is the church:



   I like old churches. I like the character of the place, the simple lines and the modesty of the whole setting.

   While going around the outside of the sanctuary, I stopped on the north side by the windows to look through. From the outside, those windows on the south were pretty plain, but looking at them through the ones on the north gave a whole different perspective.

   I'm not sure whether the windows were old, or were "new old" but they had those wavy characteristics that gave a distortion to the shot.

   As I came up close to the window and focused on the one across from it on the far wall, here is what I saw. The interior was dark but the sunlight coming through gave a stunning picture of the fall nature scene on the other side of the building. Even with the wavy distortion the glory of the colors shown forth.



   I thought to myself, "that looks like it might turn out to be a neat shot." Looking through two old windows, even wavy ones, came out well.

   As I turned and started back to the car, I thought, "I think I'll take one more through this last window, just in case the other was not clear". This is the view from window no. 2.



   When I put them both into the computer, thinking I had two nature scenes through old windows, I found I had two completely different shots. The first was nature, sure, but the second seemed to be a picture. I had not seen anything different in the windows looking at them from outside the south side, but looking from the north, it was. Was it stained glass? I don't know, but it was not the nature picture I intended to get.

   What does all of this mean? Is there some major lesson to be learned here? I honestly don't know, but I will think some more about it.

   How about some reader supplying a title to this happening…

   My blank mind is not functioning.

   Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment