Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Do Buildings Really Call Out?

   Nothing Profound, Just Interesting (to me, anyway)

   Yesterday, we made a trip. Just an afternoon out, in the air condoning of the car, out of the heat that read 100 on the car gauge, to the metropolis of Gardi, right up Hwy. 341 from Brunswick, GA, just east of Jesup, the county seat of Wayne County.

   There is an old abandoned building sitting on the north side of the highway that I have passed many times, a structure that was calling my name.

   I had seen a photograph of an old Methodist Church in the Mt. Pleasant community (a story for another time, maybe), but I missed the turnoff. Realizing my error, a few miles up the highway, I remembered this building, so we just kept on, even though not on my original route, it could not be but a few miles, and we were making great time.



   From the Internet: A building built about 1900, originally a post office and general store, it was purchased around 1941 and turned into an Apiary and a store for the honey it produced.

   I search the internet for more, but what do I find?

   I find that so many people have posted this picture and talked about the shot, that I can't even read them all right now. Blogs galore, with great pictures, interesting comments, blogs that I did not even know existed till now.

   And I thought I was more original than that.

   Oh Well, I guess this place called more names than mine, but I'm glad that I heard it, too.

   Another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment