Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Why Pictures?

   Whenever I think about going somewhere, I think about taking my camera, and when I think about why, I come up with two distinct reasons.

   When we go on a trip, I want to take shots of what I want to remember about the places, the people and the situations.

   Then there are times that I might just know of a place or time that would possibly give me some good shots, or I might look at the sky in the late afternoon and think that there might possibly be a stunning sunset coming up that I can capture.

   So when we went on our cruise I tried to do some of both.

   As I look at what I came up with in my files, I find that I have 317 shots saved from that trip. Note that I don't know how many I deleted from the original number, but the total taken was fairly high.

   What do I see when I look at the ones saved on my computer? What did I want to remember and what caught my eye to stop and photograph?

   There was our ship:


Our ship, the Celebrity Equinox on the left in port with a Carnival ship on the right


The water/light show at night by the indoor pool


The Lawn Club on the top deck with real grass


   There are the places we visited:


The Panama Canal


Colon, Panama


Mayan Guard at the ruins on Cozumel, Mexico


The Spanish Fort at Cartagena, Colombia


   There are the people that we saw:


Friends for 50 years



A happy Selfie person


Teddy, our guide at the Canal


Whoever she is, she looks comfortable

   There were the situations we encountered:



Wildlife at a park in Cartagena

   And, of course, there were the special shots:


Sunrise on the way to Cozumel


Sunset leaving Cartagena

   The preservation of memories of a wonderful 11 days on the "big boat"…

   We are grateful for the opportunity to have enjoyed all of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment