Saturday, October 22, 2016

The Day Draweth Nigh...

   What to Do?

   What to Do?

   Early voting is here, and November 8th is approaching fast. Not fast enough to get rid of all the political commercials on TV, but too fast for people who do not know what to do.

   At the top of the ticket of each of the two main political parties lies a flawed candidate, at least in my mind, and, of the decisions to be made, neither is very palatable.

   So what to do?

   Hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils, or try to think of it in some other way?

   Here is what I think, and my plan as it stands. Or at the very least, my idea right now before stepping into the voting booth.

   The direction of the country in the future could well be determined by the Supreme Court, so I will cast my ballot for the person whom I feel will nominate judges that hold to the Constitution as written. Right now, that person is Donald Trump, a man who has so much baggage that it is even hard to hear him speak, but with whom I think the country will be less injured in the long run.

   The second part of my plan is to make sure to vote for the down ballot men and women that may be elected to be a buffer to whatever may go on at the top. An independent House and Senate that might be able to keep the country safe, sound and, at the very least, viable till a more suitable President might be elected.

   The one condition that we might not survive is a strong President, a weak Legislature, and a manipulative Court. We need a proper check and balance system.

   So that is my plan this Saturday morning as I sit here.

   Could it change in a few minutes? Sure, but...

   Back of it all, I think, is the statement I heard some time back:

   "God gives us the leaders that we deserve."

   Now I believe that God is indeed in control over all the affairs of men, that His will will be done, and that it is the best for all who believe.

   And I believe that I am only a fly speck on the pages of history, but I want my speck to be a part of the story line.

   So I will continue to pray and seek His guidance, then I will vote as is my duty as a citizen, and I will wait to see it all unfold.



   In the meantime, time does indeed march on..

No comments:

Post a Comment