Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Flower Report and Other News

   Well here it is...



   Two buds opened and others on the way.

   Now in other news from this front.

   After much urging and soul searching, I have made some arrangements for some help on care for Mayre. She insists she only needs me, but I know otherwise.

   Dwayne and I had a good talk the other night while he was here, and I told him my thoughts, which I implemented on Monday with some calls.

   My friend at church had some contact with an outfit, Georgia Hospice Care. whom I called and set up a Monday afternoon meeting with their manager and their clinical nurse director.

   First of all, the patient does not have to be near death to get their services. They operate under Medicare, and if a patient has what they consider to be a terminal illness, they will cover costs.

   Without going into a lot of detail, they come 2 days a week with a nurse to keep checks on the one involved and 3 days a week with a nurse aide that helps with bathing and other stuff. We had the nurse today and will have the aide tomorrow for a about 45 minutes to an hour each visit.

   They take over the responsibility for all the care, come whenever you need them and are on call 24/7 (365). This peace of mind is worth a lot to a caregiver who does not know a lot of times what to do.

   The easiest part was getting it set up once approved, the hardest is convincing the patient that she can benefit from it.

   The nurse today received a not-so-enthusiastic welcome, but will be back on Thursday.

   We'll see about the Aide tomorrow.

   Pray for all of us

2 comments:

  1. That was the BEST thing we did for my mother-in-law! I hope your outfit is as good as Alive Hospice in Nashville. As you said, the peace of mind is worth it. And don't be afraid or ashamed to call them anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you...a hard path, but one which will help you both to have time & ease as you travel. Mother accepted hospice care because she saw it as helpful to me & I saw it as good for her (!) I pray for you both that the awesome Grace of God will surround you both to strengthen and encourage you. In Christ, Jen White

    ReplyDelete