Friday, September 25, 2020

It's A Small World

   You could call it the "it's a small world" concept.

   Or you could ask "what are the chances for this?"

   Back in the days when Mayre Lou and I lived in Chattanooga with our 3 kids, we used to take vacation trips in the summer. Now this is not unusual, but when the kids were pretty small, we sometimes took a babysitter along with us. It was a win/win situation, both for the parents and kids, but also for the teenager whose wages included two weeks in a different section of the country. 

   Fast forward to the present:

   On a recent Pickleball morning, I noticed a new player had joined our group. I even played a couple of games with this man. Not knowing his real name, I just called him Moose as some of the other players referred to him.

   Now, since our group from the BX is playing outside these days because of the virus, there are games going on most days of the week except for Sundays. I usually play on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but others play on MWF and even Saturday. Everyone does not play every day.

   So my path, and Moose's, did not cross for a few sessions, till one day we both showed up. As I was leaving the court, Moose told me that his wife used to be our babysitter in those long ago days. I asked her name, to which he replied "Kim". 

   "Kim Jackson?" I asked.

   "Yep"

   After chatting a few minutes, I left and drove home, thinking all the way how funny it was that this meeting had occurred.

   A half century or so had gone by, and here we were, Moose with his new wife, our babysitter, and me with Carolyn, playing pickleball together, a game we did not even know existed till 18 month's ago, on a converted tennis court in East Ridge.

   Go Figure!


   It is indeed a small world...

1 comment:

  1. It is a small world. Thanks for sharing this, Don. I love how God reconnects us with people in such amazing ways. I have enjoyed playing with Moose and Kim.
    Jeannie Hall

    ReplyDelete