Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Customer Service at Its Best, Or....

    I needed to make a call to Georgia Power about our electricity at the condo in St. Simons. Our tenant had moved out and cancelled his service, and I needed to make sure we had power in the days ahead.

   Making a call to the Ga. Power office, I waited a reasonable time for a customer service agent to come on the line, then proceeded to begin my request for a resumption of service tomorrow.

   "First let us verify your account information for this request", the agent stated.

   She took down my name, address, phone number and email address, then asked for my date of birth.

   "Five twenty-two Thirty-six", I responded.

   A pause ensured then she was back with the question, "NINETEEN Thirty-six"?

   My response, without thinking, "that is correct", I replied.

   "My goodness", she said, "I've never talked to anyone that old before".

   I had her on the speakerphone, and Carolyn nearly fell out of her chair. Neither one of us could stop laughing.

   After a few moments to regain my composure, I politely replied, "Thank you young lady, you have just made my day".

   Realizing she might have offended a customer, she hurried back with "I just meant that I wanted to sound that good when I am as old as you."

   I wanted to tell her the story of the man who did not want to quit digging the hole he had got himself into.

   "Throw away the shovel and quit digging".

   But I just said "Thank You" and hung up.

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment