Saturday, November 6, 2021

A Correction About Lunch

 


   When I began the blog about traveling in Delmarva, I mentioned a small eatery in Easton, MD. When looking through my pictures later, I found one taken in the upscale soup and salad spot, but had misnamed it.

   Sunflowers and Greens

   The nice lady at the Chamber of Commerce had recommended another restaurant up the street but it was closed, so we walked a few yards to this place, which the kind lady had also mentioned with the caveat that it was pricier but the food was good.

   Peanut soup and Spinach salad was what I chose while my wife sprang for Chicken Salad. The food prices were upscale, but the quality of the food served us was also. 

   On the table was also a small flat smooth stone. Nearby was a wax stylus. I did not ask what it was for, but as we got ready to leave I left a small note on the stone.

   First time I ever did that.

   One great thing about small county-seat towns, the fast food places are found out on the main highway and the memorable spots are around the courthouse square.

   And we will remember this one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment