Monday, March 27, 2017

Was It Just a Little Thing?

   Yesterday,  after we had watched our church's 9AM service on the Internet, and then walked outside the condo for a bit, I looked down and noticed a small yellow flower.

   The plantings in this bed sported a different type of bloom than this, so I stooped to look.

   It was small on a tiny stem, and as I looked closely, it was apparent that this yellow bloom was actually growing up through the plant.



   In short, it was a weed.

   Now that I had my eyes trained to look, I noticed another small bloom nearby.



   Another weed flower that had migrated into the planting bed.

   As I showed the two small blooms to my wife, we talked about how a weed could produce such a delicate little piece of beauty.

   Was it just for us as we walked together around the buildings today?

   True, they was just intruders whose seeds had found their way into that planting, but were they insignificant in the great scheme of things?

   God can bless our lives with the "throwaways" of nature, if we only have eyes to see.

   And we can be thankful for "weeds", when they brighten our morning, and show us His Love and Handiwork.

   And we can be Thankful for every small blessing...

   Did God know that we might need a small bit of His handiwork as we walked slowly together this morning?

   No Doubt..

  

No comments:

Post a Comment