Sunday, June 17, 2018

A Symbolic Father's Day

   Low tide at the beach this morning.

   Parking lot at Gould's Inlet empty of cars. Maybe it was too early on a Sunday morning for people to be roused from bed. After all there was still 45 minutes till the expected sunrise.

   The beach and sandbar were empty as far as I could tell.

   It was a perfect time for reflection, thinking and prayer...just the way it should be.

   Looking down as I walked along the edge of the ocean, that part that is usually covered by water, I spotted a partial sand dollar in the sand.



   Broken in half..

   A perfect symbol for a life looking for its missing piece.

   When I had arrived at the beach and gotten out of the car, a bench was waiting its first customers of the new day.



   Another symbol of life right in front of me. A great spot to watch the day begin, if only you had someone to watch it with you.

   My world has not gone away. The sun still comes up in the morning.

   Last night the clouds had obscured any sunset that we might have had. Sorta like I feel at times with my somewhat empty world.



   But this morning it was still there, in all of its color and glory.

 

The sun comes up

It's a new day dawning

And God is still in control.

Thank Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment