Friday, September 12, 2014

Normandy, Guernsey, Cobh, Dublin, Hyndford Bridge, Glendalough, Kirkwall

   All through the last couple of days I had repeatedly put off taking my camera out and transferring the pictures from the trip into the processing program on the computer. Maybe, deep down, I was afraid of what I might find. Pictures that look good in the camera sometimes do not seem as good later on. I did not want to find that I had missed some good shots and mishandled some others.

   But this morning I woke up thinking of what thoughts I might write about in this post and also which kinds of pictures I could use from the trip, so I had to get them in the computer in order to see what I had.

   I thought of some ideas, but as I began to upload the shots from the camera to the computer, and as the pictures kept coming in, and in and in, I realized that I did not have any clue about where to begin. The upload was 765 pictures. Even after I went through and culled about 130, the file was still massive.

   So here is a quick overview in pictures of the trip. I have taken a shot from each of several different scene types, ones that I find occurring over and over again as I go down through all the file. There may some psychological disorder that comes out of these fixations, but here they are anyway.

   I find a lot of shots of each of these:


Cemeteries


Cathedral


Ruins


Special Home


Color


Stained Glass


Sunrise


Sunset

There are stories to go with each one, and more to go with the 600+ more shots. Maybe tomorrow I can put some coherent thoughts to go with some.

Stay tuned in.


No comments:

Post a Comment