Thursday, September 18, 2014

Scottish Independence

   While we were in Scotland some few days ago, there were signs everywhere like this:



   Basically just  one word signs, simple words, but ones that can make the difference in my day, and, through the extension of this day, to my life later, depending on which I use.

   And the answer I give, using one of these, depends on the question I ask.

   In Scotland today, the basic question relates to control.



   In my life today, there is that same question. It may take many forms before this one day is over, and it will not be settled for all time with the mark on a ballot, and, just as those folks over there may not see the implications of their answer on their futures, neither do I on mine.

   When I got up this morning, my day was stretching out in front, and the first verse I read in Matthew 6 stated:

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

   What would I seek first today? What suited me, or what God wanted? If the question was who would I serve today, was I going to go for independence and have my own way, or dependence, and be guided by One that knows the way?

   But here is the main problem: I can make the decision to follow that verse, but there will be many other chances to deviate from that course as the day progresses. I may set the tone for my future decisions with this quiet time, but, unless I stay close to the divine source of my guidance, I can vote for independence at any time.

   So, if the question continues to be this day, will I remember God and follow Him, I want to not only answer YES right now, but continue to answer that way all day.

   And continue to ask that question.



   Living in the sunlight of His Will.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment