Saturday, April 16, 2016

What's On Your …?

   I've been under the weather a little bit this week, but not so much so as not to be able to read.

   Around our little condo, we have books.

   There are books in the spare bedroom..



   There are books in the entrance hallway..



   There are books in the living area..



   And next to the dining table and next to the bed..

   When I look on my bedside table, this is the sight I see..



   There are books that I am now reading, for my personal pleasure and for Mayre's and my time together, ones that I read out loud for us.

   Mine and Our current books:

      Water from the Heart by Charles Martin (on the Kindle)
      Birds of a Feather by JacquelineWinspear
      The Comfort of a Muddy Saturday by Alexander McCall Smith

   I'm sure that there are psychological studies out there that will tell you what kind of person you are by examining the books that you read, but I just read what I like, and that is all I know.

   Over the past several weeks my wife and I have read 3 of the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency books and 1 of the Maisie Dobbs series. We are on book 2 (of 5) of the Maisie Dobbs books right now. Since Mayre does not read well these days, this is a good together time for us. She enjoys it, and so do I.

   In fact, I hear her voice right now, calling for a reading time. So, I will grab the Maisie Dobbs book 2. and head to the living area.

   But, I wonder as I do,

   What's on your bedside table?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment