Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Breath of Fresh Air

   After watching the Rio Olympic Games last evening,
    I woke up with one picture in my mind.

   One the NBC telecast, after the Women's 4x400 relay won the gold medal, there was a live shot of this relay team in a huddle praying together.

   I could not find that particular shot on the Internet this morning, but I could still see it. It seemed to me that it was a rare shot on a national TV broadcast, as you could see the lips of Alison Felix as she led the group and the reactions of the ladies as they finished with a hearty "Amen".

   Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but it seems as though I remembered a lot of praying going on by individuals and teams, and many instances of athletes giving glory to God and Jesus, and those included both winners and losers.



   It was a breath of fresh air and one that refreshed me.

   That is what I will take from these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment