Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Whereto Does This Train Travel?

   I went to bed last night around 10 or so, long before any fireworks in the election, so when I woke this morning, I did not know anything. In fact, I was not sure I wanted to know...

   So I went out in the dark and walked. Not even the papers had been delivered yet.

   When I got back to the condo, I sat down the read, and did until I heard footsteps in the hall. Granny Lou was up, and I still hadn't gotten up the nerve to find out anything.

   So we turned on the TV and found out together.

   We had both voted for the winner, but, truthfully, we did not vote for the man but for the platform on human life in the womb, and for the direction of the Supreme Court.

   We "won", but what we won is unclear. The American people seemed to vote in favor of an unknown quantity, and how it will play out is uncertain at best.

   But, as I have said many times before in this election cycle, Two things:

      1. God is in control...

      2. Our responsibility is to pray for our country, pray for each other, and live to make a positive difference in the area that we inhabit.

   There was an analogy used in the election, The Trump Train.



   Well, we are all left to wonder, Where will it Go?
  
   Or as one amateur writer put it,

   Whereto Does This Train Travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment