Thursday, December 24, 2015

Songs of Christmas?

 



   Last Sunday we sang a song.

   Now, to me, singing is a great part of Christmas. I love the old carols, and they evoke great memories of days gone by. It is the way Christmas ought to be celebrated.

   But, I thought, as we sang this one; "what has this to do with the Holiday?"

   It begins with the words of an older hymn:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name


   Then comes the refrain:

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all


   I woke up with this running through my mind this morning and thought about that refrain again.

   Especially that second line:

Weak made strong; 

   And then I see a connection…No person is more vulnerable, i.e. weaker, than a newborn lying there in a manger.

   Even a King

   And I think; no person is at his strongest until his life is wrapped in those swaddling clothes and his voice can repeat that refrain:

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Saviour's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all


   Let's Celebrate…He is Lord,

   Lord of All

   MERRY CHRISTMAS

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment