Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Proper Perspective...

   For a few days now, I have wanted to sit down and write something, anything, maybe about the NCAA basketball tournament, but I have been unable to get past the last blog post I wrote early this week.

   Each time I have begun to think about something else, something that might be of importance in my life or in my world, I seem to come back to the subject of a life and a death, or even just death or life in general.

   I have gone back and reread the blog posts of the songwriter, and, as I read, the raw emotions of the first reading came back. I wished I could go to that Maury County, Tennessee farmstead and stand at the graveside of the lady and ponder, on site, the whole meaning of a early passing and a man left with a big hole in his heart.



   And I wonder this morning if it isn't some kind of justice that a smaller school in Middle Tennessee, MTSU, a 15 seed, just knocked off a No. 2 seed in the Big Dance.

   But even that victory will fade away from minds, as I found it did in mine, as I read the latest post from Rory Feek, an ongoing tribute to a woman and a town that raised her.

http://thislifeilive.com

   I encourage you to take a Kleenex box and read all of the posts over the past couple of years. You will be blessed.

   And I am blessed again to have discovered this story.

   I may have stumbled onto it one evening, looking to get away from the evening news, but it has impacted me.

   Two Sundays from today it will be Easter.

   My favorite Easter hymn is Christ the Lord is Risen Today,

   And I pray that this Tennessee family may be able to look past the grief and sing it with gusto as they worship the Son that makes life (and death) worthwhile.

   And the significance of a busted bracket will be put in its proper perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment