Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Grumble, Even When Blessed…. Nah, Not Me..

   Maybe I should start this out in some chronological order…

   I walked along this morning and met a lady with a large dog. Her comment, "Sure is a pretty morning", and I reply "You are right, but the gnats are already out".

   At the end of that same short walk, as I prepared to enter our condo, our neighbor came out his door to get the morning paper. "Good looking morning, another pretty one for us, I think". And I reply, "and the gnats are already out waiting for you".

   Fast forward to my reading this morning from Exodus 15 and 16, and the words that struck me as I read:

" And the people grumbled "

   Those spoiled people. God had parted the sea. He had made the bitter water sweet and fed them with manna and quail. Couldn't they remember?

   Here the sun came up and lighted the steeple at Lovely Lane Chapel this morning..



   And I was more concerned with a few pesky gnats..

   Me grumble?

   Nah, not me...

No comments:

Post a Comment