Monday, February 13, 2017

All Choices Matter...

   I wrote the other day about holding our plans loosely in our hands and being ready to abandon them if God leads us otherwise.

   Living One Day at a Time (http://walkinganewpath-pilgrim.blogspot.com/2017/02/one-day-at-time.html)

   But you know, I referred to those major turning points in life, the big decisions if you will, but I believe this way of thinking applies to all of life.

   Think of it this way; as I go through my day, every day, there are many times that I have decided to go one way or another, but maybe then there is a check in my spirit, and I have to step back and take into account all the ways I could go.

   Look at a practical application, at least for me:

   Let's say I am on my way to a planned activity, and a feeling hits me that I really need to do something else. Do I keep on with my original destination, or am I willing to forgo that and act on the feeling?

   First of all, do I even think about a change?

   Secondly, do I give the situation due consideration, serious consideration?

   Thirdly, am I willing to change direction if…?



   My life is the sum of my choices

   Not only the choices between good and bad, but also choices between good and better and best..

   And these choices are an ongoing treadmill of life that is never turned off till we leave this earth, they are every day, maybe even every hour or less in a day.

   And they are not all in the actions we take, they are also in our attitudes.

   I can say, when I decide that I have to do something else, "I'll go this way, but I would rather go on my planned way; I have to, but I don't want to."

   All choices matter..

   I want to make every decision and plan in accordance with God's will for my life, and, if I am close enough to listen and understand His voice, I can make good choices.

   As long as I can get my own wants out of the way.

   Let's Do It...

No comments:

Post a Comment