Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Winter, Where Art Thou?

   It is Tuesday, February 21, 2017, and as I walk out the front door this morning, the temperature is 61 degrees.

   Yesterday it was 75, and the day before that I played golf in shorts and a short sleeve shirt.

   It has been a very mild winter. I believe there was only one morning in this season that had a temperature that was below freezing, and then it was only 30.

   Now, I realize that we still have plenty of time for Old Man Winter to strike us, so it is too early to be complacent, but the snow birds from the North have been overjoyed.

   As I look around, my eyes fall on Spring blooms. Color abounds.






   But I am cautious..

   I remember back in 1993, living in Chattanooga, when we were hit with the worst snowstorm I can remember. Roughly 2 feet officially, and 25 inches on our driveway.

   We are not even through with February yet, and March is still in the wings.

   So we will be happy with our mild Winter, while keeping a wary eye open for a drastic change.

   And we will wish that all the gnats would wait for the real spring to bug us.

   And remember, that, although we say we live in paradise, we spell it with a small "p"...

No comments:

Post a Comment