Sunday, February 5, 2017

From Across the Room--A Call

   "Help I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

   A silent call from across the room at breakfast this morning.

   Our daughter-in-law and her family had given us an indoor blooming kit for Christmas this past December. We read the directions, and planted it accordingly, and waited, and waited, and then…



   The amaryllis began to grow. You could have almost watched it spring up out of the pot. It was quick, it was steady, and it bent to the right.

   I turned the pot so that the stem and bloom might reach back for the light from the door close by.



   And it seemed to work, as the blooms appeared, it looked really good. We were expectant for the
finished product.



   There it came..and it was great.

   Then I had to reposition the whole plant over to another table. The stem seemed strong, and the plant was preening and smiling.

   This morning, the call came, and a silent plea for help.



   "Help I've fallen, and I can't get up!"

   I can prop it up on a stack of books, but for now, I just don't know..

   People need propping up, too.

   I just need to:

      Be aware of them around me

      Listen for the cry

      Respond

   Maybe they can continue to bloom also...

No comments:

Post a Comment