Friday, February 6, 2015

Business As Usual

   Just another day.

   Up, reading, walking, breakfast, checking email, and so it was this morning.

   Then there was this one particular email, asking for prayer for Christians, specific individuals, who were in the throes of persecution.

   I remembered a verse from Matthew 5 in my readings earlier, verse 10:

   “Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

   And just as I am about to delete the email, I notice the sender's name.

   iCommitToPray.

   I had felt burdened by the stories of people around the world who were being persecuted for their faith in Jesus, and I signed up to pray for them.

   Here I was about to toss this email in the trash without even reading it, just like another piece of spam. Some commitment!

   So I read, and I prayed, and I felt ashamed that I did not care much about them at all, and what they were going through.


 
A teenage girl, Naigaga Saidha, was beaten and disowned by her Muslim family after she confessed her faith in Christ during an evangelism event in the remote village of Bwite. Naigaga has recovered from her injuries and is now living in another village with a family of Christian converts from Islam who care for other disowned children.

   And I wondered if this day would be "just another day", or "business as usual" for them, and what would that entail?

No comments:

Post a Comment