Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Do I Really Want To Know?

   A verse from today, Matthew 7:21:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."

   Another verse from a previous reading day, Matthew 6:10:

"Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven."

   How many times have I asked God over the years?

      What is Your will for me in this situation that I find myself in?

   How many times have I not asked?

   How many times did I not want to know?

   How many times was my agenda more important?

   Jesus is pretty straight forward when He says that the one who does God's will is bound for the Kingdom of Heaven, but those others who don't care to know, well…

   Where we live, and because of the lack of any four lane roads, our main arteries have what are called eyebrows. These allow the traffic to go around the right side of a vehicle trying to make a left turn. The purpose is to keep traffic moving.

   Here is God's will, the straight road ahead, but when the traffic ahead wants to turn, and I do not want to stop, I breeze around on the right side and continue.

   "It was just a short detour, God, and look, now I'm back on the straight road again. Isn't that good?"

   Perhaps a bad example, but what if I was supposed to stop for a minute on my way?

   Whoops

 

No comments:

Post a Comment