Friday, February 20, 2015

Personal Questions

   All through Chapter 9 in Matthew there is healing going on:

      verse 6.."Rise, take up your bed and walk."

      verse 22.."your faith has made you well."

      verse 25.."He took her by the hand, and the girl arose."

      verse 30.."and their eyes were opened."

      verse 33.."the dumb man spoke."

      verse 35..
                     "Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness."



   I read through the chapter as I have many times before. Then I read it again, more slowly, and try to put myself in that story.

   What would I do?

   What would I believe?

   Would I press to the front or hang in the back, wondering?

   I read the stories today, and I believe that they happened as they were reported.

   So, what about today? What about my role today?

   Is my faith so weak that I pray "Thy will be done", and then just let it be?

   Is my compassion so small that I just don't care?

   I don't question God's role in healing, just my part in the story. Open my eyes to see You at work in my world. Help me to truly care...

No comments:

Post a Comment