Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Posible Answer to a Pain Question..

   Yes, I did get up pretty early, but I do have a reason for not writing till noon, and it all adds up, at least in my own mind.

   I woke up around 4:30am with a pain in my hip and stomach area. Now I had taken the Advil dose when I went to bed 6 hours before, but I guess it had worn off. So I tried to get comfortable and finally got back to sleep until a few minutes before seven.

   Trying not to take too many of these pills, I got up and dressed and then walked for a half hour to see if I could feel better. It seems to help if I keep moving around some.

   Back to the condo with time to read some verses out of the daily reading. A few in Psalms, some in Nehemiah and another portion of Romans, but I could not get the thought out of my head that I had not taken care of the pain and it was still present, not bad, but still there.

   Not wanting to give in and pop another pill, I looked online at the Jesus Calling devotional, seeing what this lady had to say.

   Her husband is a pastor and sometimes writes a blog, whose titles she lists on the sidebar of her site, and this morning the latest title jumped out.



   Was this what I was supposed to deal with today?

   I read it, and then thought about it. Sure, God can use our pains to call us toward, or even away from, something He has in mind. Maybe I should think on that for awhile.

   Then realizing that my wife was still in bed, I walked into the bedroom and found her awake, but still curled up under the blanket. All of a sudden that bed looked good.

   So I climbed in, fully clothed, and got under that warm blanket. Next thing I knew, it was an hour later, and she was gone.

   But you know, I did not hurt, and all the pills were still in the bottle.

   Maybe I had just discovered the answer to all those questions on pain I had considered.


There went the morning...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment