Sunday, March 8, 2015

Too Late Smart

   All last week, I struggled. First of all I did not feel quite up to par, low grade fever, some small headaches, but nothing serious.

   Secondly, every time I picked up my Bible to read in the mornings, the thought that seem to rise out of the verses had to do with healing, and, although I had that little stuff mentioned above, I could not relate that to a medical emergency, like the kind Jesus took care of.

   Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, all the first of the week, I managed to function normally, and still those healing verses came plugging along.

   Then came Wednesday evening; We had gone to a friend's home to discuss our trip last year to Scotland (these folks are from there and were anxious to hear our impressions), then we had gone out to dinner with some other friends and then gone back to their home for dessert. One the way home from there, I felt as if I had an old laundry tag scratching my waistline, but I could not find it.

   On arriving at home, I undressed to find my whole rear end and the front side of my left leg covered with big red splotches. I would call them "angry" red splotches. Not itching, no pain, just looked real bad. Probably allegoric to something I ate, I thought.

   Calling the doctor on Thursday, I gave him my symptoms. His advice was to wait till the next morning and see if all the eruptions began to go away. They did not, and so we went in to his office on Friday morning.

                                     WHAM

   All of those healing verses from the first of the week were meant for me after all, but I could not see the implication.

   Now on Sunday morning, thinking over the events of the past week, I think I begin to see.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment