Saturday, March 14, 2015

Music in the Air

   I need to check this out with my daughter over in Arkansas, but since it is very early on a Saturday morning over there, I better quote the story and ask permission later. As I remember it being told:

   Her firstborn, Archer, did not talk until late. One morning in church, he leaned over to her and asked if he could say something. "Of course", she said and he came out with "Lord". Thinking about it at the time, I thought that was profound. I don't know what all was in his mind that morning, but, when I woke up early today, that is the word I wanted to say.

   LORD

   I'm not even sure why I wanted to come out with that. I knew that I had been somewhat in a fog the past week or so, and having a hard time to connect in any morning quiet times, and I just wanted to get back to the basics.

   The verse that first came to my mind today, was the one in Genesis:

   "In the beginning, God…"

   There the Bible begins, the place where I need to start to even contemplate, and so I do.

   Then the words of Matthew 6:

"‘Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 ‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 ‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil."


   That prayer seems very personal to me this morning, as if God were right in the middle of it. I feel connected somehow. The fog of my mind seemed not so dense.

   As I walked in the dark, there was light behind the dark clouds, and I knew, even before a sliver of moon peeked out, that it was there, even when I could not see it clearly.



   And I sensed what The Creator wanted me to see and feel this morning:

   He Knows and He Cares

   This song brings it home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A97aLphdL00&spfreload=10

   Hallowed Be Your Name

No comments:

Post a Comment