Monday, April 13, 2015

Jordan and Sawyer, Two Lives, One Prayer

   It was a quiet walk around the 3 holes of our golf course this morning. No one playing, not even any mowers or grounds people moving about. Just me and the birds.

   A question was on my mind, and I wondered how Jordan Spieth woke up today with a green jacket on the hanger in his closet. I did not know the answer to that, but I did know what I wanted to do.

   I spent some of that early morning walk, praying for Jordan, and for his life.



   Now, I can't really know any more about him that what CBS portrayed and what the media has written (and will really put out today), but I was impressed with his style and demeanor on the course and in the Butler Cabin yesterday. I liked his smile and his family hugs. It was a "feel good" moment for all of us.

   I have a grandson who is the same age as the Master's Champion, and I would pray the same things for him as he leaves the known of college and goes out into the world of the unknown, of life with that degree.



   Neither of their paths will be the same in the future.

   I prayed for God's protection over their lives.

   I prayed that they would stay grounded in their family.

   I prayed that they would stay strong, and that the deception of sin and Satan would be known for what it is, and what it can do to a life.

   I prayed that both would seriously look for God's leadership in the decisions that they will be called upon to make.

   I prayed that God would bring into their lives, people who could counsel wisely, and who would live that wisdom out in front, and beside them.

   And I prayed that they would both find the joy that comes from serving their Creator, living in His will, and serving others in the process.

   Lives with promise. Lives with opportunity.

   What a time to be alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment