Friday, April 24, 2015

Lifetime Guarantee

   In the post yesterday, there was this abandoned store in a small Georgia town.



   As I am a lot of the time, I was drawn to the advertising sign on that building, faded and worn, but important in its day.



   This was a sign that people looked at, and read, and it identified what this store was all about.

   A lot of the sign can be read in the picture above, but the last line at the bottom has been partially obliterated by time and weather. The only part I can make out is:

   "…..OF YOUR CAR FOR AS LONG AS….."

   Now I can speculate the it refers to the Lifetime Guarantee mentioned above under the picture of the shock absorber, but I'm left to wonder of the terms of that same guarantee.

   Whose Lifetime?

      The Car?

      The Owner of that Car?

      This Store?

      The Company that manufactured the product?

          "…FOR AS LONG AS…"

   Is there still a one-owner car driving around town, that has this brand of shocks installed on it, purchased from this auto supply store?

   He's Covered…I Think..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment