Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Three Books on My Table...

   I got up this morning with a blank page on my calendar. Now that is not too unusual these days. I have less meetings I need to attend, less physical activities since the shingles with its reduced energy level, and less responsibilities at church these days.

   So, one of the things I am doing is reading more, but I may need a psychiatrist to tell me why these 3 particular books are on my table at the same time, all in the process of being read.

   There is a book on my Kindle app: Walking the Bible, the true story of the author's search for a personal God connection, through the means of a walking through Old Testament sites in order to connect with his Jewish roots and thus to the God of the Bible.



   There is another book: Searching for Sunday, a new book by a thirty-something woman talking about her search which takes her from her upbringing in church, to leaving the church, to rediscovery in her young adult life. I have not gotten that far into it, but it is a title that I wanted to read.



   Book number three: A book by the Congressman, now Governor of Ohio, John Kasich, entitled Every Other Monday, another book dealing with some sort of religious search for meaning in life during a 20 year stretch in a small group of men who meet every other Monday to talk about how to apply Biblical teaching to life as they were living it.



   There does appear to be a theme in these three titles.

   Maybe it has to do with those blank pages on my calendar and a search for relevance in my modern world. Perhaps it is a search through books on searching,

   Hopefully, it is a process, led by God, to show me my path in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment