Thursday, July 2, 2015

Deer, Don't Just Look, Listen...

   I started off yesterday with a sighting of 5 deer over on the 5th fairway, and they became part of the plot of the post that morning.

   When we came home after a short trip, around 5pm, we rounded the corner to the condo and there were 3 adult and 1 youngster, frolicking outside the fence. Well, 3 were looking in and the young one was doing the frolicking. Once I drove in, and they did not move, I decided to see what they were up to. They wondered what I was up to.



   It seems I could hear them talking as they looked my way.

   Mama: Look at those two-legged things inside the fence. I guess they need to stay in there so they will not get hurt.



   Junior: Are they smart, mama?

   Mama: Smart? I think not. They are the ones enclosed by the fence

   Mama: Let's move on, nothing to see here. We've got roaming to do.



   Perhaps they were a part of the early morning herd and knew they would not get bitten if they stayed outside the fence.

   I had wondered about their conversation in the early day, now I know. They just wanted us to be safely enclosed for the night. Now they can be worry free for the evening.

   Next time you see deer looking at you, listen real hard and see what you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment