Saturday, July 11, 2015

Wood Storks Out Early

   It seems like every time I catch a glimpse of a wood stork around our area, I do not have my camera with me. That happened this morning as I rounded a corner on my bike and saw a big white bird on the 7th green. Coming closer I realized it was one of those elusive (for me) birds. I wanted to get closer, but did not want to scare him off.

   Would he stay there long enough for me to go back to the house, get my camera, and return?

   The only thing I could do was try, so off I went.

   Returning to the spot, I walked up on the green and spotted these arrows pointing east.



   Perhaps he had flown off to look for more food?

   But, no flying for this guy, he was walking calmly across the bridge, heading east back up the fairway.



   If only I had my telephoto lens on the camera.

   If only I had come from the tee area on this hole, and, if only, he was headed toward, instead of away from, me. Now that would have been a shot.

   If I followed him, the only shots I would have were of the west end of an east bound bird.

   So I thought about the hidden pond across the street. Hard to get a view of the water, but maybe this morning there were other storks out catching breakfast.

   Catching a glimpse of white through the bushes and trees, I found another friend.



   There is some kind of moral in these incidents, but I can't figure it out.

   All I know is that I was glad to have been in that spot on this morning.

   And God, through nature, blesses me once again…

   And, if you find arrows in the morning dew, follow them and see what is waiting for you.

   No telling...

No comments:

Post a Comment