Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Becoming Our Parents

   When I looked at our personal calendar for this week, my first thought was, "that looks like what we said about Nana and Papa".

   As they got older it seemed like their outings were either to the doctor or the funeral home, and, as I look at my things to do this week, that is what I see for us, too.

   Three appointments at various doctors, and a funeral on Thursday. That is our week.



   It also seems like a lot of each day concerns appointments in the future, or medicine, or others we need to see, or at least pray for, ones that are struggling in their own world.

   Old age is not for sissies, that is for sure, and we, as well as most of our friends, fit that category.

   As I sit here this morning, I think, and it is not about "woe is me".

   There is a reason each one of us is alive at this moment in time. Why?

   Then the phone rings, and, wouldn't you know it, it was a call from a pharmacy in Florida that furnishes meds for eye solutions.

   I come back to my thoughts about still inhabiting this earth spot. Why?

   Then the phone rings again. Is it an answer to my question?

   Ha, no, it is a call from a nurse about an appointment for tomorrow, just a reminder.

   Is the whole medical establishment conspiring against me?

   Whoops, it is time to put drops in my eyes. But before that I need to get some pills for my wife.

   I guess I will be like Scarlet and think about this tomorrow.

   Right after the funeral...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment