Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Safest Place to Be, But Sometimes Hard

   I read something the other day:

   The safest place to be is in the center of God's Will.

   I read that, and I agree with the statement. I think it is Biblical. It goes along with "God is Good" and "His way is best" and "He knows the end of the path" and …

   It may be easy to put out those statements when you are standing on a green and watching a winning putt fall for a championship. I wouldn't know that from experience.



   There are times in life, and not just times but whole seasons of life, where it is very evident to us that, indeed, "God is Good".

   How about other times, seasons perhaps, where I hear God say, "This is the way, walk ye in it".

  I know down deep that this, too, is His Will. But there is no trophy, no bright sunny day, no mountaintop, no accolades, only the fog and knowing where you stand at that moment.

   When I question, the thought comes back in confirmation, "this is the way, continue".

   Then I hear "Trust Me".



   "Don't just sit there in the fog, continue walking as far as you can see, and when you get there, keep walking".

   "This too shall pass"

   It seems OK to question, to listen, but when you keep hearing "this is the path, walk", the safest thing, and the best, is to trust and walk.

   God help me to do just that, in all my seasons...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment