Saturday, August 1, 2015

Peace

   A couple of the things I read this morning had to do with the concept of peace.

   My thoughts turned to times when, out to take some pictures, I stumbled upon a peaceful scene.

   I thought of the time in the early morning one fine day, I walked into the town of Mt. Dora, FL. It was early. It was still dark and the town had not yet awoken.

   It was just me and my camera as I walked the little main street. Visitors had not yet gotten out of bed. The stores were closed. It was quiet. It was peaceful.

   As I walked and shot and walked some more, I came upon this little sign on a fence by the road, and I took the picture.



   And I thought this morning, that my life is so often about what others are going to think, or what they already think, or what I worry about the perception of me that they see and think they know.

   But isn't it really what God thinks and knows that really matters.

   And true peace comes from Him.

   And I am blessed to be reminded, again...

No comments:

Post a Comment