Monday, August 31, 2015

A Blank Slate..What to Do?

   What do I do now?

   Here is my calendar for September 2015. What do I see?




   A total blank month stares back at me. A month with no appointments. A month with nothing to look forward to or to dread.

   Could it be a month of "One Day at a Time"? A series of days with no agenda, just waiting to see what God might put in my path. Days to be ready to serve but without knowing when or where or even how?

   A blank day seems to say "look at me, I can be filled with productive things or time wasters, it is your choice. You can be a helper or selfish."

   September was planned to be a trip month. Seeing new things, seeing old friends and family, but it was not to be. The month's scheduled appointments were pushed forward to October, and all was ready for whatever the open road presented.

   But the open road had a detour sign on it.

   What will I remember when it comes to the end of the month?

   Maybe I should keep a daily journal of all the items that took my time this month. If I knew that I would be looking back at it, perhaps I would not fill it with trivial stuff.

   September begins tomorrow.

   My last day of August prayer is that God will help me to use my new eyes to see some things that should characterize the days of the new month, and usher me into the rest of my life.

   Things that will help and not hinder, bless and not curse, love and be loved.

   And, with God's help, live each day with Him and for Him.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment