Tuesday, August 11, 2015

One Simple Rule...

   Once upon a time, a well respected and successful CPA was interviewed by a leading business magazine. The inevitable question was posed by the interviewer as to the reason for his many successes and his sterling track record of achievements.

   Spurning a verbal reply, the accountant pulled open his middle desk drawer, to the inside of which was taped this one small card:



   "I remind my self each and every morning of this one simple rule", he said
   
      "Debits on the left and Credits on the right".

   As I walked this morning I thought of some people that I knew:

      A man I sat and talked to last Sunday at church who was separated from his kids..

      A woman that had just lost her husband..

      A man who was looking forward to a trip and had to cancel..

   Then I thought of two other instances that I had heard of just recently from friends..

      "yours scans are clear, cancer is not evident in them at all"

      "we have a match, and you are scheduled for a transplant this morning"

   Yes, there seems to be a simple rule in life also:

      God is in Control

   That short four word sentence can come in the midst of the ashes of life and also in the unexpected joys.

   And, just as that accounting rule is true, so much more so is God's.

   Open up your heart, get out your index card and tape.

   And Remember:

   His Ways Are Better, and His Ways Are For The Best

   And I'll attempt to do the same.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment