Saturday, May 28, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend..Day One

   As I watched people going into the grocery, early on this Saturday morning, my thought was, "are these people so busy with their preparations for the future, even if the future consists merely of these next couple of days, that they are rushing through the present, even at the store?"

   Then I ran into my friend, Bucky, with his always ready smile as he took care of his job at the store. There are quite a few years separating us, but we have been friends as he grew up in our church, and I enjoyed running into him this morning as he went about his work.



   Here was my small list of stuff that seemed to be needed to get through the weekend and into the regular weekdays of next week.

   Milk, Prunes, Butter, Bananas, Onion, Rolls (what else is needed anyway?)

   As I went to check out, I ran into my dermatologist, and we chatted for a minute or two.

   As I looked at the buggy of the man in front of me, I saw buns and 3 packs of ground beef and made the comment that it looked like a "burger weekend" for him. He replied,"my mother put up with me for 70 years, the least I can do is try to satisfy a senile woman's food desire in these days". Making a mother happy with food sounded good to me.

   I enjoyed my time this morning.

   Could this time be the best of my holiday weekend.

   I will live in the present and accept that it could be, and that would be OK.

   But if there are more good times to come in the next hours, I'll be happy with that, too.

   God is Good

   And I am Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment