Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter, A Great Day...

   I like Easter, always on a Sunday, in the Spring with the newness everywhere, a day for celebration, gladness and joy.

   Since we do not get to church much anymore, we tuned in to the streaming live service. It is not the same as being with all the people, singing with a common purpose, but it is not all bad either.

   I like the greatness and majesty of a traditional hymn..

Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!


   The words seem to cover one, as an old friend, and make you feel you belong in this moment, a moment of triumph and victory.

   The Day is not just one of celebration, although it certainly is that, it is also a Day of purpose. Of God's purpose supplanting those of man. A Day of giving a New Purpose to each of the lives touched by Jesus.

   And so, as the day moved on through the afternoon and evening, it seemed like a new feeling fueling the activities. True, the activities were much the same, eating and reading, a few golf shots and some photography; just a restful day with a lot of smiles along the way.

   I even smile as I think back over the past hours of yesterday. It was a good day.

   Was it how I had envisioned it? Somewhat, my activities were "normal", but my feelings were more like the satisfied smile of it being "right".

   After supper, we decided to go over to Epworth, the Methodist retreat center on the island, and catch the sunset. A good way to end a good day.

   Of course, I took my camera, after all you just never know...

   Leaving my wife in the car, there are Spring insects you know, especially around nightfall, I moved toward the marsh and spooked a large heron who flew off down the water a few yards.

   Thinking I might get a good shot, I told Mayre, I was going down to the south a ways and check out the bird.

   While walking I noticed another large bird flying into the tree branches a little farther down. After moving to that tree, I could not spot him in the foliage.

   Just then, another large bird flew into the branches of the next tree. He became my target, and he became my "catch".



   A Woodstork, just for me..




   And the heron was there as I returned to the car.



   I planned on the sunset, and it was there on time, but I got more

   Even as the day wore on, and I had to make an improvised plan, with a smiling result, I thought..

   Jesus Christ is Risen, on Easter and on all of the days following.

   We should celebrate this fact every day and live in light of it.

   Beginning the day after Easter and ..........every day thereafter.


   Amen
  

No comments:

Post a Comment