Saturday, April 8, 2017

Meaning of the Missing Piece?

   Eons ago, way back on January 14, 2016, I wrote a short blog post on a puzzle I had just finished, one that came with a missing piece. If you want to read that post go:

http://walkinganewpath-pilgrim.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-renegade-puzzle.html



   Fast forward to more recent times, where I have just finished another puzzle, A Coke puzzle, that did not have a missing piece.



   How do these two puzzles relate?

   Here is the story, what is the meaning of all this?

   While working on the Coke puzzle, a 1000 piece one, my first job was to find and place all the side pieces, those with a straight edge, aside, so that I had a frame to begin to work in all the various designs and Coke posters.

   I went through the box literally one piece at a time, and pulled out all those sides. Putting them together, I found that I had gaps, and still was missing one corner piece. You know, pieces with two straight sides..

   So I went back through the rest of the 900 or so pieces left in the box and discovered a few I had missed the first time. But then I could not find any more and still had missing side pieces.

   Deciding to go ahead and and work some middle pieces in, so as to cut down on the pile of unused ones, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could find the other sides. No luck..

   I looked on the floor, and all around the counters. No luck there either.

   You know, after you spend a lot of time looking, all the pieces seem to look the alike, and so you quit.

    Later on that day, while looking for an apple to eat, I noticed a funny thing in the fruit drawer of the refrigerator, a puzzle piece keeping cool with the fruit.



   It was the one from January, 2016, 15 months ago, not missing, just hiding.

   There must be a moral to this happen chance.

   What could it be?

   Puzzles come with all pieces in the box?

   Some pieces have a mind of their own?

   Puzzle pieces like a cooler climate?

   For some, their time has not yet come?

   I believe I took all the old jigsaw puzzles we had down to the retirement center. Did I take that one also? Should I go find out and restore the missing piece?

   Or, should I not take away the joy of some retiree, discovering the puzzle with the missing piece.

   Or, is there, somewhere, a person desperately searching for a piece to fit in to an otherwise nice and interesting puzzle.

   What's a body to do?

   If I want to make the old puzzle whole again, I have to remember what I did with it.

   And I have to find the piece. It is not still in the fridge, so where could it be?

   And what is the meaning of Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment