Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Musing of an Unimaginative Planner..

   A portion of the Bible reading for today from Jeremiah 29, verse 11:

"For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the Lord. ‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope."

   That word "plans" just jumped out at me, and I think I know why.

   I had awoken with the thought " I wonder what I could plan for today that could give my wife a little pleasure". It is a thought that I get up with a lot these days.

   I would like to give her something to look forward to each day, but it gets exceedingly harder to come up with a plan for that. We have been most places down here, plus the fact that her walking does not allow her to get out of the car to explore much, even when we do go to a new place. So it just becomes a car ride for her, which is not real exciting I know. It results in a few hours out of the house for both of us and a change of scenery.

   Most times I look for things to photograph, and, of course, that means leaving the car to get the shot. It's the same problem, and seems only to benefit me.

   The other day, we drove up to a couple of places just south of Savannah.



   This is billed as the Smallest Church in America, room for 18 in the chairs inside.

   Then we drove a little farther east in that same area to the Harris Neck Wildlife Refuge. It was wood stork nesting time, and, although I had to use a 300mm telephoto lens, the pictures were OK, not great, but OK.


Wood Storks nesting at the other side of the lake.


A closer look


Wood storks on the ground


A closer look


A cormorant drying his wings

   So, you see my dilemma, one has the responsibility of the planning of the outing and the other just going along for the ride.

I am asking for inspiration on this problem. Any ideas for an unimaginative planner?

I need help.

My wife deserves better that this.






2 comments:

  1. Don, does she have a wheelchair? Alex's mom died Easter weekend and we have electric and non-electric to pass on. The electric has the controls on the back for the "pusher."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, she does not at the moment, does not want to lose the ability to walk, but will probably need shortly. At Dr.s appt this month I will approach that subject. Thanks

      Delete