Sunday, April 30, 2017

One Small Step for Man...

   It was like just following where the path led.

   On Friday last, when I was reading back over what I had written about plans, a random thought hit me that I should pay attention to words spoken around me and maybe find some things that I could do to sweeten the days of my wife (and myself in the process). There could be things brought to my mind, and that would be good, but the important thing is to act on them.

   Then I thought of something. What if one morning, some morning, the circumstances might be right to to watch a sunrise at the beach? Maybe like we used to do in the old days.

   On Saturday morning, I woke up to find my wife making her way to the bathroom, and I got out of bed to help her. It was still dark, and I like to let her sleep when she will, so I got her back in bed and retreated there myself. Laying there and hearing her stir around, I thought, "how about a sunrise?"

   She was agreeable, and since it was still dark, I figured we had at least an hour till sunrise. I got her dressed as well as myself, got the camera equipment in the car, just in case, and we took off for East Beach.

   Arriving there pretty quickly, there was little traffic, we found others with the same intention. People in cars, people with cameras and tripods out on the beach, and others coming and going all the time. People jogging the beach and people walking dogs, all keeping an eye out to the east for Sol.

   I did get some photos, but the best thing I got was a smile on my wife's face as she was enjoying the whole thing.






   And I made the discovery that a spontaneous "plan" may be the best, if only you can pay attention to the circumstances you find yourself in, and act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment