Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's Colder Somewhere Else

   Our weather is colder this morning. The weather report is 26 degrees with a wind chill of 15, and it was definitely much different than the early morning yesterday.



   Yesterday at lunch we sat outside on the back porch of our condo, in shirt sleeves, soaking up the sunshine and even closing our eyes and resting there for a few minutes.

   Today, for breakfast, we are preparing to eat a hot bowl of oatmeal, and the porch is empty of humans.

   The verse that I read this morning from Psalm 118 (NET Bible)

"This is the day the Lord has brought about.
We will be happy and rejoice in it."

   It sure was easier to quote this and see how good God is on yesterday, but I know that God did not change in 24 hours, and that the verse is no less true right now than it was then.

   Can it be that I can still say with conviction that this too is the day that He has made, and can I be happy and rejoice in it?

   Sure, I can do that anytime, and especially when I look at the weather report where we lived before and see that the wind chill is minus 6.

   And I can think of those kids in the one room school houses in Montana who have recess outside on any day that the temperature is above zero.

   And, not only that, but I know I am blessed, every day, no matter the weather or outside circumstances.

   And I am thankful...

No comments:

Post a Comment