Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's…An Easy Day

   Why is this day so "easy"?

   I have taken some time over the past few days to think about 2015 and some resolutions I might make. Ones I need to set out for my life, ones that could make this year an impact one for me and those I might touch in some way.

   I know there are two easy things about resolutions: Easy to make and easy to forget and break. But I want to do it anyway, to set some goals, to measure my life and progress toward some things I think important.

   So this is the easy day, and I make some:

   1. I want to read my Bible more in 2015, systematically and with purpose, and I want to do it every day.



   2. I want to finish my courthouse photo project by getting the last 14 courthouses in Georgia on digital film and know that I have covered the entire state.

                                  Chatham County (old)

   3. In relation to #2, I want to have a plan to do something with this project, or to further enhance it in some way.

   4. I want to have a more healthy eating lifestyle by cutting down on the sugars in my diet. Deserts are my choice of foods far too much of the time.

   5. I want to continue to write, to detail what I feel God is showing me by His Word, through church, and through my contacts with others.

   And I feel all of the resolutions above start with No. 1, and so I sign up for a reading plan, one to focus my thoughts on and to look forward to each morning. This is the best way for me to begin my day, in the quiet of the early morning, to prayerfully look for God's voice, to help put my life in perspective.

   A plan to work on that first resolution, done.

   A good beginning for January 1, 2015, and I'm off and rolling……..

   Like I said, this is an easy day, the question is the 364 more on this year's calendar.

   How about using the lyrics from this song as a starting point.

"One Day At A Time"

I'm only human I'm just a man
Help me to believe in what I could be and all that I am
Show me the stairway that I have to climb
Lord for my sake teach me to take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment