Friday, January 9, 2015

Rock When It Is Needed...

   I like to write. That is not a problem for me, but at times I struggle to find something worthwhile to say.

   I like for people to know I am Christian. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

   But sometimes ideas do not come, and I feel failure. It seems I should always be able to sit down with my Bible readings and find a gem that would speak to someone else, or at least me, and one I can share.

   When I can't, or don't, my self worth takes a hit. After all I do not have a lot of stuff that I absolutely have to accomplish. Retirement is not a string of high expectations and high achievements. But I do want to do something well and that something ought to benefit someone else besides my own ego.

   So as I pondered this morning, "what on earth could I write about?",  I ran across a blog that hit me right where it hurts. It proclaimed "You have limitations" and this short sentence seemed to call my name.

   Here is a portion of that pastor's blog as he speaks to himself:

"You are an amazing person but, no, you can’t do everything. You have limitations. Those do not make you less of a person. They simply define what you should be focused on. Accepting your limitations doesn’t make you a failure, it makes you well defined. Focus on what you can do, and do it well.” 

   It seemed to say, "the world is not sitting waiting expectantly for your next words of wisdom, you don't have to strain to do your writing, let it come and use what God has given you, not more and not less".

   I wrote back in December about our grandson over in Arkansas that is autistic. The gist of that blog was that I should focus on what he can do and not what he cannot.

   Perhaps I should apply that to my life as well. 

   No excuses, just honest appraisal and doing your best in what you find.



   Rockers are meant to be used at the proper time.

   If anyone wants to read the pastor's blog mentioned above:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment