Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Word in a Verse

   A word in verse 2 of Psalm 101 this morning:

 

   The verse:

  "I will be careful to live a blameless life—
    when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home."


   The dictionary defines integrity thusly:

   "adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty."

   I can remember a description of a man like this:

   "His word is his bond"

   "He can be trusted"

   It is hard enough to keep up the appearance of honesty and character in the world, but how about in your own house? Home is the place where you can "let your hair down" and be yourself. Is that where you are really you?

   I am often flippant in my word usage:

   Yes, I will do that…

   Sometimes I am not honest:

   Yes, I've already taken care of that…

   Living a life of integrity, even at home where I am so very well known, is not always convenient, but it is the path to a life that is not filled with regret.

   And that is the path that I want to be on, every day, even at home.

   No..

   Especially at home!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment