Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Night Sky Speaks...

   As the days move toward winter, the sunrise comes later and later in the mornings. Right now it is about 7:10 local time.

   That means that, if I keep to my usual time schedule, I am out in the dark for the first part of my walk. Of course, that is a plus as the sky is full of stars, and then the sunrise begins to color the eastern sky as I finish.

   Two things capture my attention this morning. Venus is very bright in that morning sky, and the straight line of Orion's Belt, in that Hunter's constellation, stands out.



   Now I am not great on astronomy, but I went back to the computer to look up some things on those two light sources this morning. There is a lot of information that has been gathered over the years, especially since the Hubble telescope was launched.

   When you are out under the stars, it is easy to feel very small in comparison to all that is out there, and when I try to do some study on the whole of the cosmos, I feel even more so.

   Just the fact that scientists can accurately predict where each constellation, and the stars within it, will be at a particular time. There is an order to it all.

   Accidental?

   I think not.

   Then I think again…God knows each one of us, and He cares.

   He put all the pieces of the universe in place, and it is kept there by Him. He is that BIG, and still he cares for the least of us humans down here on Earth.

   The stars in the sky speak of His majesty and glory.

   Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment