Monday, September 28, 2015

Do I Get Three Strikes on This?

   Last Night was spectacular.

   I actually remembered that last night was the lunar eclipse with a full moon and a high tide.

   What an opportunity to go to the beach, watch the moon rise and then view the eclipse.

 

   And it was spectacular, somewhere.

   I took my camera over to East Beach, the settings put in that should show the best shot of the moon in all its glory. I had my tripod ready to go, and the view across the ocean to the east was unobstructed.

   The tide was very high, rolling in to within a few feet of my feet, as we sat and waited for the moon to rise up out of that rolling sea.

   And waited…

   And waited…

   Others had the same idea. Parking at our preferred spot was limited and the cars were packed in.

   And we waited, and waited some more.

   Surely the clouds would move away, and give me a shot.

   Then the people began to give up and drive away. We finally did also.

   I read that this event will happen again in 18 years. I'll only be 97

   Hot Dog!

   Oh, somewhere in this favored land the moon is shining bright;
the band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
and somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
but...


No comments:

Post a Comment