Thursday, September 17, 2015

I Watched and now I Wonder..

   At the end of my outside walk this morning, I wandered into the Fitness Center to do a couple of light weight exercises. The television sets were on, and the voice coming out was asking a guest which of the Republican presidential candidates did the best in the debate last evening.




   Now I had stayed up until the end of that debate and watched as 14 men and 1 woman had sparred back and forth in response to questions from the moderator and comments from others on the platform.

   I did not stay up to watch, but I imagine that the news channels were full of pundits talking about who won and who lost during that 3 plus hours of talking.

   As I came back home, I opened up my computer to get my daily Bible reading,  the page that opened was my Fb page, and the first posts were about that same debate.

   Most everyone who watched and who will comment on its outcome will have an opinion as to who the winners and losers were.

   I have my political favorites and opinions, and I also will be anxious to read and hear what others think and how my conclusions fit in with what other more knowledgable political commentators have to say.

   But as I wonder about all this, these verses from Psalm 1:


"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. 
4 Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. 
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. 
6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."


   And then this verse comes to mind, from I Samuel 16:7:


   "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

   There will be a lot of "looking on the outside" on the tv and in print this morning, but I am left to wonder..

   "What Does God Think?"

   "What is in the hearts of those I watched last night, and those others that will covet this Presidential job?"

   The answers to those questions are the most important,

   For me, and for the future of this Blessed Land

   The 4th verse of My Country Tis of Thee:

   Our fathers’ God to Thee,
Author of Liberty,
To thee we sing,
Long may our land be bright
With Freedom’s holy light,
Protect us by thy might
Great God, our King.

   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment