Monday, January 18, 2016

A Funny Thing About Time...

   I have to smile as I look back on this morning;

   There was time to get dressed, walk, and still get back to the condo while it was yet dark.

   There was time to look at my Bible readings for today, and to read a couple of other devotional sites as the world around me woke up.

   There was time to sit and think of other things that had been on my mind over the past few days, especially some videos I had watched on the subject of Time.

   There was also time to ponder the uses of my time, both in the past, and in the present, and perhaps even into the future.

   There was the not-so-flattering notion that my time was limited to whatever God had in His plan, and that corresponded with my time in years, which were not as many as before.

   Then I realized that I maybe had time to write something this morning. It was still quiet in the condo, and writing could be the action that I needed.

   I most always look for a picture to illustrate my thoughts on paper, so I looked for the proper one.



   I thought then to look in my Oxford Dictionary of Quotations for a relevant quote on Time.

   And, of course, there needed to be a Bible verse or verses, so I looked there, and found these in the Book of Ecclesiastes:

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 
a time to be born, and a time to die;"

   So, time to begin this blog on Time.

   Smiling, I began to write.

   Then, as I pondered what I wanted to say and how to phrase the post, noises coming from our bedroom in the back. Someone else was stirring, and…

   "Time's Up !"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment